ARIES Transilvania created in 2013 the cluster Transilvania IT, which started its activities providing technical and soft-skills training for employees of member companies and creating a base of knowledge and trainers for the implementation of collaborative projects in the human resources field.
Transilvania IT Cluster extended its activities, providing innovation support services, internalization, facilitating collaborative projects between its members, between its members and other companies or organizations in the country and abroad.
Transilvania IT follows Quadruple Helix model, and provide support for open innovation in the open innovation eco-system as integrated system, together with local and regional actors, public authorities, universities, research institutes and others.
The over 100 member companies of Transilvania IT cluster by ARIES have together over 5.500 employees and a turnover over 200 million euros. Created in 2013, the number of companies that are paying to be part of this cluster increased 80% in the last years.
Through its member companies, the cluster provides services in the following areas
- Automotive & Aviation
- Banking & Finance
- Communication & Media
- Home and Office Automation
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Earth Observation
- Intelligent Cities Solutions (Parking)
- Support services
- IT Hardware/ IT Cloud
- Communication & Media
- Financial services
- Sales and distribution
Since 2014 Transilvania IT cluster by ARIES participated in the most important national and international events, matchmaking sessions
- Conferința Europeană a Clusterelor 2014 –Brussels;
- Days of Clusters 2014 –Tekirda;
- Days of Clusters 2015 –Brașov;
- Cluster-to-cluster Conference and Matchmaking 2015 –Copenhagen;
- Conferința Internațioanală a Clusterelor 2015 Cluj-Napoca;
- ULM Danube Strategy kick-off 2015;
- Lisbon ICT Conference 2015;
- B2B Matchmaking at the IT Summit 2016 –Linz, Austria;
- Transylvanian Clusters International Conference – Open Innovation 2016 Cluj-Napoca;
- 7th European Summit of Regions and Cities, Bratislava, Slovakia;
- Investment Seminar & Business Match Making 2016, Seoul, Korea;
- Cluster2Cluster Matchmaking 2016 Brussels;
- OSCE Chairmanship Business Conference 2017 Vienna, Austria; etc
iTech Transilvania cluster has partnerships with the Balkan Cluster Network (Serbia), Aerospace Valley Cluster (France), IT Cluster Circle (Serbia).
Transilvania IT Cluster was awarded with the Gold Certificate by the European Secretariat for Cluster Analysis in recognition of its’ efforts to create a collaborative environment between member companies and the quality of activities provided.